Monday, April 20, 2009

My First Workshop

Last week I held my first Stampin' Up! workshop as a demonstrator. I was a bit nervous, but prepared well and kept reminding myself that I was just having friends over to craft, they weren't here to judge me.  With the exception of a couple of small mistakes (stamping something in the wrong color, gluing a box together before I stamped it, etc) it went really well!  I really love SU! products and have a pretty good knowledge base so I was able to explain what I was doing and a bit about the products as I went along.  At the end many of my friends placed orders which was an awesome start to being a demo.  Here are the projects I demonstrated during the workshop:


Recipe (All Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Heard from the Heart
Paper: Rose Red, Whisper White, Regal Rose, Raspberry Tart DSP
Inks: Rose Red
Tools & Accessories: Rich Regals Brads, 1/4" Rose Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Ticket Corner Punch, Five Petal Punch, 1/16" circle punch, Stampin' Dimensionals

For my 3-D project I downloaded a template from the SU Demonstrator Website:



Recipe (All Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Eastern Blooms, Short & Sweet
Paper: Certainly Celery, Perfect Plum
Inks: Certainly Celery, Perfect Plum
Tools & Accessories: Hemp Twine, Tag Punch, Small Tag Punch, Cropadile (to punch holes for twine)

And my final project for the evening was the workshop's make-and-take:




Recipe (All Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Cheers to You
Paper: Riding Hood Red, Whisper White, Basic Black
Inks: Basic Black, Riding Hood Red, Garden Green Stampin' Write Marker
Tools & Accessories: Blender Pens

For the make and take I gave each of the attendees a bit of creative license to choose their drink of choice from the Cheers to You set.  As you can see my choice was the Strawberry Daquiri, but other choices included a martini, and cadillac margarita.  Very cute!

If you weren't able to make it to the workshop I still have a few cards from the make-and-take that are just itching to be put together.  All of the pieces are cut and just waiting to be stamped.  Give me a call if you want to stop by and put one together to take home.

Thanks for stopping by! Cheers!

1 comment:

Andrea Clayton said...

Great projects! Glad to hear your first workshop went great. :)