Tuesday, April 20, 2010

April Workshop

Here are the cards that I demonstrated at a workshop this past weekend. In addition to tailoring the presentation to my hostess, whose favorite colors are black and purple, I also wanted to show ways to use products that might seem out of season at first glance, and to showcase some of the colors that will be retiring soon.

The first card, our make-and-take, was designed specifically with my hostess' favorite colors in mind:


Card Recipe (All Stampin' Up!)
Stamps: Messages for Mom
Inks: Elegant Eggplant, Basic Black
Papers: Lavender Lace, Basic Black, Whisper White
Accessories: Scallop Edge Punch, Elegant Eggplant 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Stampin' Sponges

Our next project used a designer paper that I easily associate with Valentine's Day.  However, I purchased a lot of it and have been trying to find creative, non-valentine ways to use it.


Card Recipe (All Stampin' Up!)
Stamps: Season of Friendship, Well Scripted
Inks: Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink
Papers: Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Sending Love Specialty DSP
Accessories: Wide Oval Punch, 1/4" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon, 5/8" Pretty in Pink Satin Ribbon, Stampin' Sponges

Our final project showcased colors that will soon be retired as well as a cute stamp set that is currently on sale 20% off! I got my inspiration for this card from the Chic'n Scratch blog.


Card Recipe (All Stampin' Up!)
Stamps: Trendy Trees (20% off through April 30, 2010)
Inks: Green Galore, Close to Cocoa
Papers: Gable Green, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Paper Piercing Tool, Mat Pack

I hope you enjoyed looking at these projects.  Stay tuned because my Earth Day Craft Class is later this week and I can't wait to share the projects that I came up with!

No comments: