Thursday, April 22, 2010

Crafting with friends

One of my favorite things about paper crafting is the social aspect - crafting with friends is so much fun!  Yesterday a friend & I got together for a couple of hours of craft time.  We'd been trying to get together for awhile but our schedules hadn't cooperated, but finally we were able to make it happen!

She had a few specific projects that she needed to complete and I needed a couple of masculine birthday cards for my family.  I got everything pre-cut before i went to her house so it was just a matter of assembling my cards.  I had to make a few last minute adjustments once I arrived (apparently the measurements in my head didn't compute once I had everything cut) but I like how they turned out!

One of the most resume-worthy skills that I've learned as a Stampin' Up! demonstrator is being able to think and make adjustments on the fly while presenting. I can't even begin to count how many times I've forgotten to prepare a critical part of a project for a class or workshop and instead of profusely apologizing to my customers for my shortcomings I make a split second decision to modify the project and they rarely notice that I made a mistake.  My presentation skills and ease in front of a crowd has definitely improved.

Anyhow, here are the cards that I made while crafting with my friend yesterday. I hope you like them!



Card Recipe (All Stampin' Up!)
Stamps: Happy Moments, Well Scripted
Inks: Really Rust
Papers: Really Rust, Whisper White, Patterns Pack DSP III
Accessories: Stamp-a-ma-jig




Card Recipe (All Stampin' Up!)
Stamps: Happy Moments, Well Scripted

Inks: Night of Navy

Papers: Night of Navy, Whisper White, Patterns Pack DSP III

Accessories: Stamp-a-ma-jig

No comments: