Friday, June 25, 2010

Something Old, Something New

A box arrived yesterday that I'd been waiting almost a month for - inside was the Bird on a Branch stamp set that I finally got around to ordering, just a week before I found out it would be retiring.

This morning when I sat down to play I looked around online for a bit for inspiration and I found the Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge #127:



Here is what I came up with:




I LOVE how it turned out. As the tile of this post indicates I used a bit of old and new to make this card.  The old would be retiring stamp set Bird on a Branch and the new would be the luscious new color, Cherry Cobbler.  I'm loving the deep, rich red.

Card Recipe (All Stampin' Up!)
Stamps: Bird on a Branch
Inks: Basic Black, Basic Gray, Cherry Cobbler
Papers: Basic Black, Whisper White, Basic Gray, Presto Patterns DSP
Accessories: 1/4" Basic Black Grosgrain Ribbon

This card is available for purchase in my etsy store.

2 comments:

MJ said...

How pretty, I did not even recognize the set at first. Beautifully done, thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week!

anglouise said...

Thank you!