Saturday, September 12, 2009

Not Your Average Card Class

I finally got around to having my "Not Your Average Card Class" on the first of September.  I scheduled the class before I actually had the supplies in hand - bad idea to rely on the military postal system being timely!  Oh well... I didn't have a huge turnout but those who were able to make it really had a good time and liked the projects.

Our first project was fairly simple, similar to the cards I made for Father's Day, you can check them out here.


Card Recipe (All Stampin' Up!)
Stamps: Flight of the Butterfly
Papers: Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, Kaleidoscope DSP
Inks: Tempting Turquoise, Green Galore
Accessories: Butterfly Punch, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Stampin' Dimensionals

Our second project for the class was a gift card holder.  I got the idea from the Chic' n Scratch Blog.  She has great direction on making this project if you'd like to duplicate it. The thing I really like about this gift card holder is that there is a place for the gift card AND a note card.



Card Recipe (All Stampin' Up!)
Stamps: Upsy Daisy
Papers: Summer Sun, Pixie Pink, Whisper White, Kaleidoscope DSP, Whisper White Medium Envelope
Inks: Summer Sun, Stampin' Write Markers: Pixie Pink
Accessories: Stampin' Dimensionals, Stamp-a-ma-jig

The class' grand finale was a tri-sutter card!  These cards look so complicated and do take a bit of prep work but they really are not as difficult as they look. For more info on making this card see my original Tri-Sutter post here.




Card Recipe (All Stampin' Up!)
Stamps: Define Your Life, Heard From the Heart, Friends 24-7
Papers: Kraft, Bella Bleu DSP, Not Quite Navy, Very Vanilla
Inks: Not Quite Navy, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Stamp-a-ma-jig, Craft Knife

No comments: