Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My very first downline meeting

Thanks to Sale-A-Bration and the great deals for new demonstrators I now have two downlines! I was out of the country when they signed up so this past weekend was our first chance to get together as a business group.  We had an awesome time crafting and sharing ideas.  I had three projects prepared for us to make together, a St. Patricks Day card, a masculine birthday card, and a just because card.

Here is the first project:


 I got the idea for this card out of the Stampin' Success magazine, a publication just for Stampin' Up! demonstrators.  The faux buttons are made out of six layers of cardstock.


Card Recipe (All Stampin' Up!)
Stamps: Whimsical Words
Papers: Yoyo Yellow, Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive, Real Red, Kraft, Basic Black, Whisper White
Inks: Basic Black
Accessories: 3/4" Circle Punch, Crop-a-dile, Heart-to-Heart Punch, Linen Thread, Old Olive 1/2" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon

I am always getting requests from my customers to make more masculine cards when we get together to craft.  I think this one fits the bill:



Card Recipe (All Stampin' Up!)
Stamps: Circle Circus, Happy Moments
Papers: Kraft, Taken With Teal, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
Inks: Taken With Teal, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa Stampin' Write Markers
Accessories: Stampin' Sponges, Chocolate Chip 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon













Our third project of the day is in honor of the next approaching holiday: St. Patrick's Day. I have three versions of this card, all similar but each one unique.  I love them all!


Card Recipe, Version 1 (All Stampin' Up!)
Stamps: Define Your Life, Polka Dot Punches
Papers: Certainly Celery, Basic Black, Whisper White
Inks: Certainly Celery, Basic Black
Accessories: Full Heart Punch, Paper Piercing Kit, Certainly Celery 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Sherbet Designer Buttons (Certainly Celery), Linen Thread, Stampin' Sponges


Card Recipe, Version 2 (All Stampin' Up!)
Stamps: Define Your Life
Papers: Green Galore, Glorious Green, Very Vanilla
Inks: Garden Green, Green Galore
Accessories: Full Heart Punch, Paper Piercing Kit, Circle Designer Brads, Extra Large Two Step Bird Punch, Stampin' Sponges



Card Recipe, Version 3 (All Stampin' Up!)
Stamps: Define Your Life
Papers: Green Galore, Glorious Green Very Vanilla
Inks: Garden Green, Green Galore
Accessories: Full Heart Punch, Paper Piercing Kit, Circle Designer Brads, Stampin' Sponges


I had a great time working and having fun with my downlines.  We are hoping to meet every month to share ideas, have a card swap, and craft.  It will definitely challenge me to keep my creative juices flowing!

No comments: