Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Black Magic Technique and another Open House

A couple of nights ago I noticed the Black Magic Technique Challenge on Split Coast Stampers. I had tried it once before but it didn't work out that well. This particular description called for using Odorless Mineral Spirits (OMS). I don't have OMS so as I read on I learned that Goo-Gone has been known to work as a substitute. I decided to give it a try and it worked! Here was my test piece:


Stamps: SU! Definitely Decorative Grapes
Ink: SU! Whisper White Craft
Paper: SU! Basic Black
Accessories: Misc. Colored Pencils

With that bit of success I decided to take part in the challenge and make a card using the technique.  I really like how it turned out...except that I messed up one of the eyelets.  Not sure how that happened.


Stamps: SU! Polka Dots & Paisley, Short & Sweet
Ink: SU! Whisper White Craft, Stampin' Write Markers - Handsome Hunter & Really Rust
Paper: SU! Very Vanilla, Handsom Hunter, Really Rust, Basic Black
Accessories: Misc. Colored Pencils, Making Memories Eyelets

This morning was also a Stampin' Up open house.  I bought a few goodies (a retired background stamp & some designer paper) and got a few more as prizes (another stamp, some ribbon, and die cut paper pieces).  We also made a card while we were there.  Here is what I came up with.  I think its cute and a great use for the scallop circle punch!


I have no idea what colors or papers I used on this one..except fo the stamp.  That is from the SU! Short & Sweet set.

I also got another one of my SU! orders today...just a small one but always exciting to get more stuff!  I'll probably do some more crafting tonight and have more to share over the next few days.  Ciao for now!

No comments: