Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Workshop

Last week I demoed a workshop for a customer who wanted a Halloween theme. I had to get creative because I only have two Halloween stamp sets, and one of those is retired so I can't demo it!  Ultimately I came up with three projects that the whole group seemed to enjoy.  I think they turned out pretty cute too!



Card Recipe (All Stampin' Up!)
Stamps: Pumpkin Patch
Inks: Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, Old Olive
Papers: Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Sponge Daubers, Modern Label Punch, 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon - Old Olive

I got the idea for this little punch spider here and thought it would be perfect for my class.  No stamps, no inks, just punches & a bit of adhesive. I made the spider in the workshop and then showed how you could use him on a card, in a scrapbook, or hang them from string to make a mobile or other decoration.



Card Recipe (All Stampin' Up!)
Papers: Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Basic Black
Accessories: Photo Corners Punch, 1 3/8 Circle Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, Crop-a-dile, Silver Elastic Cord

My final project for this class was an adorable covered notepad.  I had the Holiday Best stamp set put aside to use as a door prize, but I was desperate to find something for the third project so I went ahead and decided to integrate the set into my collection since it had the Trick or Treat stamp. This project was the highlight of the workshop!






Notebook Recipe (All Stampin' Up! except for the notepad)
Stamps: Holiday Best
Inks: Basic Black
Papers: Basic Black, Night and Day DSP, Whisper White
Accessories: Stamping Sponges, Wide Oval Punch, 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon - Basic Black

No comments: